Equal Employment Opportunity: Sawtooth School for Visual Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, we recognize our responsibility to embrace and promote Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion throughout our programming, staff, and faculty. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Position Description: Program Director – Textiles
Pay Rate: 17.00 per hour
Hours: Part time, minimum of 20 hours per week. Schedule may fluctuate depending upon the needs of program
Job Brief: Develop and manage a diversified, innovative, and quality arts educational program in a specific department for a diverse student population. Collaborate with Lead Program Director to ensure overall curriculum meets the needs/demand of student population.
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain an appropriate mix of courses and workshops that are artistically and educationally sound.
- Contract, negotiate pay rates within approved guidelines, and train, orient, evaluate, and maintain high quality artist instructors for all courses.
- Manage department budget and expenses, and track revenue and growth.
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manage administrative responsibilities associated with instructors including contracts and payment
- Act as the point-of-contact for students and handle customer relations
- Maintain studio facilities and ensure that equipment, supplies, and other items necessary for instruction are purchased within budget and available in a timely manner for the completion of class activities.
- Create the course descriptions and schedules for the quarterly class catalogue and enter in the ProClass registration system
- Process registrations (email, walk-in, or phone), answer phones, and provide excellent customer service when in the office.
- Teach classes and substitute for instructors when needed.
- Order supplies, coordinate classroom resources, and help with any set-up required for classes, workshops, and Taste of Art experiences. This includes, in some instances, working on Saturday and/or Sundays.
- Perform the administrative and record-keeping responsibilities as outlined by the Executive Director and as needed to account for transactions and activities.
- Handling other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- MFA (Master of Fine Art) preferred with a minimum of BA (Bachelor of Art) from four-year college or university in related field.
- Computer skills required: Internet Software; Microsoft Office; electronic file management, electronic calendaring, Windows operating systems, Google Docs, and internet software, Pro Class Software.
- Other skills required: Proficiency in studio equipment management and operation.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Sawtooth’s Executive Director Lauren Davis, email@example.com