Work at Sawtooth: Registrar
Sawtooth is seeking a Registrar to join our staff. To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Registrar is a full-time, salaried position. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and is expected to work in conjunction, and collaboratively, with all the directors, administrative staff, marketing staff, contract teachers and volunteers. The Registrar will perform a wide variety of tasks and be expected to manage multiple tasks at once, track details thoroughly, successfully execute projects from start to finish, and handle recurring tasks without prompting.
This position requires interface with a large number and variety of people: the general public, students, artists, instructors, donors, co-workers, and members of the board of directors, retail customers, groups and special populations. This person must be friendly, have an upbeat, can-do disposition, be flexible, have excellent customer service instincts, and take direction well. This position requires a high degree of nimbleness – being able to quickly pivot from one task to another, as circumstances require. Because the workspace is public, the registrar must be organized and maintain a neat workspace.
MUST BE HIGHLY PROFICIENT IN:
- Microsoft Office Suite: Power Point, Word, Excel, (including the ability to do a mail merge
bulk mail letter)
- Pro Class – custom class registration software
- Google and similar web-based tools and software
- Writing and proof-reading skills
- Specialty retail operations
- Square and QuickBooks Point of Sale
Must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time. Must be comfortable sitting at and using computer for long periods of time. Must be able to lift and move heavy objects (pedestals, tables, chairs).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customer relations – first point of contact for our customers. Must understand how to
work with a wide range of personalities, be a good problem solver, present with a
competent and upbeat disposition, and handle customer complaints gracefully.
- Class registrations –master the class management system to quickly and efficiently
register students (email, walk-in, or phone). Update student, teacher, and member data
- Customer sales – supplies, artwork
- Expected to initiate and implement efficiencies and high value customer services when
- Generate sales of merchandise accurately
- Daily transactional reporting
- Maintain shop inventory and communication with artists
- Administrative assistance as requested by ED
This is a full-time salaried position exempt from overtime pay. It is expected that the Registrar will work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Generally 8:30am – 4pm, with some weekends and weeknights.
Commensurate upon experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.