Work at Sawtooth: Director of Art and Wellness
The Director of Art and Wellness will develop and manage a diversified, innovative, and high-quality arts educational program in multi mediums for the Greer Grant Program and Sawtooth programming. The Director of Art and Wellness must be flexible and have excellent customer service instincts with a diverse community, cancer survivors, and their caregivers. Experience in both the arts and wellness communities is preferred.
- Design and coordinate a mix of appropriate courses and workshops in the multiple discipline(s)in partnership with program directors in – painting, drawing, ceramics, photography, digital arts, glass, metals, lapidary, woodworking, textiles, and printmaking for both the Greer Grant programming and Sawtooth programming. The connection between art and wellness should be at the core of all Art and Wellness programming.
- Contract, negotiate pay rates within approved guidelines, train, orient, evaluate, and maintain competent artists instructors for all courses.
- Secure, maintain, and file contracts for all instructors.
- Process and provide pay instructor pay schedules with documentation of hours worked to the bookkeeper each pay period.
- Develop and maintain artistically and educationally sound classes and workshops.
- Observe instructors and provide performance evaluations to the instructors and to the Executive Director on a regular basis.
- Act as the point-of-contact for students and cancer survivors and their families.
- Maintain the physical plant appearance/use of the studio facilities and storage closets and ensure that equipment, supplies, and other items necessary for instruction are available and in good condition.
- Supervise and manage the completion of all classes/projects of students.
- Process registrations (email, walk-in, or phone), answer phones, and provide excellent customer service when in the office.
- Perform the administrative and record-keeping responsibilities as outlined by the Executive Director and as needed to account for transactions and activities, including, but not limited to:
- Monitor enrollment of each class, canceling if necessary, notifying instructor and students, and requesting refunds or credits for paid students.
- Responding to scholarship inquiries and submitting completed applications along with recommendations for granting support.
- Handling customer relations and complaint resolution.
- Establish and maintain grant-tracking spreadsheet and provide necessary information for grant reports and assist in grant writing.
- Issuance of instructor contracts, pay rates, payment requests, and instructor pay schedules.
- Updates to session database in relation to instructors, pay rates, classes.
- Documentation of quarterly department totals.
- Teach classes and substitute for teachers when needed.
- Attend weekly directors’ meetings as designated by the Executive Director.
- Handling customer relations and complaint resolutions.
- Develop and coordinate outreach opportunities with community partners for cancer survivors and their caregivers as part of the Greer Grant programming. Maintain good relationships with partners in the oncology community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Executive Director.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The Director of Art and Wellness is a part-time non-exempt employee who works no more than 25 hours per week, which will include nights and weekends. Specific office hours determined in coordination with Executive Director.
- Maintains physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include the following: walking, bending, stretching, lifting, standing, or sitting for extended periods of time, operating assigned equipment.
• Ability to work additional hours, as needed.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree, Art Therapy Master’s Degree or extensive professional experience in the field required.
- A minimum of two years teaching experience is required.
- Master of Fine Arts Degree preferred.
- Non-profit arts experience preferred.
- Master’s in art therapy preferred.
- The Director of Art and Wellness must be a dedicated team player with outstanding customer service instincts and interpersonal skills and must possess a positive attitude.
- The director must be able to manage multiple projects and priorities at one time and demonstrate excellent organizational and planning skills.
- They must be highly focused with an attention to detail and must execute jobs and tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.