WORK AT SAWTOOTH: DATA + DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Sawtooth is currently seeking a Data + Development Manager to join our administrative team. This position entails leveraging data insights to build compelling fundraising campaigns and to support donor development. Candidates should have a passion for the arts and experience using data to drive fundraising and/or marketing strategies. Please review the complete job description below. To apply, email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Data and Development Manager
Job Brief: The Data and Development Manager is an experienced fundraiser who can build compelling campaigns based on data insights. The role involves identifying new ways to engage both current and new audience segments through targeted fundraising strategies and the use of digital and print campaigns. This position will be heavy on data management and analysis in order to implement and support fundraising and programming efforts. The Data and Development Manager must be tech-savvy and experienced in generating campaigns that produce measurable constituent engagement. This position will liaise with administrative and programming teams to target donors in a cohesive, coordinated process. This position will manage internal data information systems and ensure all data is clean and updated regularly. The Data and Development Manager must have experience working in a non-profit environment and have proven successes in fundraising and data management.
Type of position: Full-time; salaried; exempt; reports to the Executive Director.
Pay range: $42,000 – $47,000; Commensurate upon experience.
- Work with Executive Team to set fundraising goals, plan the annual campaign, and leverage donor engagement
- Collect, measure and interpret donor data and provide insights
- Track, analyze and report on fundraising campaigns and donor contributions
- Provide donor services, including acknowledgements, billing of pledges, matching gift collection and general customer service
- Maintain donor database and donor records
- Manage online fundraising campaigns and online donation platforms
- Research and identify new fundraising opportunities
- Work with the Executive Director to build strong major-donor relationships, research capacity, and implement a moves-management systems
- Identify fundraising collateral needs and collaborate/outsource accordingly
- Manage donor communications, mailings and lists
- Work with Executive Team to establish best practices in fundraising and development campaigns
- Ensure fundraising presence at internal and external events and community networking opportunities
- Research and identify new grant opportunities
- Manage grant records, calendar and reporting
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Team
- 2-5 years fundraising experience, or related
- Proven success managing fundraising and development in a non-profit setting
- Experience with SEO/SEM and CRM software
- Some knowledge of web analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Familiarity with information services and data tracking software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytic and project management skills
- Degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, Data Management or related
- Ability to be flexible with work hours including weekends and evenings
- Proven ability to work as part of a diverse team of individuals