Sawtooth School for Visual Art (SSVA) has created an exciting opportunity for high school artists!
We are hosting a visual art competition -“Sawtooth Art Slam” – which allows students in Summer Art Immersion classes to enter the work they make during the week. Participants will be featured in an online gallery and first place winners will have photographs of their artwork on display at SSVA June through August. All top winners will be entered in an overall chance to win a scholarship toward any Sawtooth class. Good thru August 2018.
How to Enter:
Sign up at the SAI help desk by 4:30 Thursday afternoon.
- Students come fill out an Artwork Entry form for each week. The form includes the student’s full name, class, title of entry, phone number, email address, and a brief artist’s statement.
- “Sawtooth Art Slam” participant labels will be handed out to classrooms on Friday. Students and/or teachers are in charge of placing the labels by their artwork before the gallery show starts so that it can be judged. Hang artwork on the designated Art Slam Entry Wall.
- Top Award is scholarship ($250 Value) for registration in a Sawtooth class during the school year or SSVA Summer Art Immersion 2018 class of choice
- Runner-up Awards (Top 3 winners of each morning and afternoon set of classes): Student An-nual Memberships to SSVA ($35 Value)
A digital gallery showcase of the students work on our website and social media through August 2017.
- Photographs of all first place artwork will be showcased at SSVA through summer 2017.
- Must be a student of Sawtooth School For Visual Art Summer Art Immersion 2017.
Artwork can be in any medium.
Only one entry per student per class.
The entries will be judged by Sawtooth staff and artists during the gallery show each week.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winning entries will be signified by stickers.
Pictures will be taken of the winning pieces of artwork and students will keep the originals.
- There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for each morning gallery show and each after-noon gallery show. By the end of Summer Art Immersion, there will be a total of 8 first place winners, who will all be entered in the overall contest for the chance to win a free class.
- Each entry must be the original work of one student only.
- The artwork must exhibit originality, creativity, innovation, and quality.
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited.
Appropriateness of subject matter is required.
- Ownership in any submission shall remain the property of the entrant, but entry into this pro-gram constitutes entrant’s irrevocable permission and consent that Sawtooth may display, copy, reproduce, enhance, print, sublicense, publish, distribute and create derivative works.
- Submission of entry into the “Sawtooth Art Slam” constitutes acceptance of all rules and con-ditions.
- By entering the “Sawtooth Art Slam” entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
- Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification.
All decisions of the judges regarding this contest are final and binding in all respects.
Lauren Duncan, Sawtooth Youth Assistant
Kathryn Mullis, Contest Coordinator