ABOUT SAWTOOTH SCHOLARSHIPS
The Sawtooth School is dedicated to ensuring access to art instruction to students of all ages, skills, physical abilities, and economic levels. To that end, we offer a limited number of need-based scholarships to deserving youth and adults each session to pay up to half the cost of class tuition. To apply for a scholarship for the upcoming quarter, download the appropriate application below and return the completed form to the Sawtooth School. Funds are limited, and awards are made on a first come, first served basis. All applicants will be notified of our decision prior to the beginning of classes.
- We gratefully acknowledge the Winston-Salem Foundation for providing this support through the following funds: The Sawtooth School for Visual Art Scholarship Fund, The Sawtooth School for Visual Art Endowment, The Chris Yarborough Memorial Sawtooth School Trust, and The Bess Lee Burke Memorial Fund.
- Thanks to the generosity of the Reynolds American Foundation for awarding a grant to fund need-based scholarships for children and adults.
- We gratefully acknowledge Beth Bealle for providing the support to create the Bealle Family Scholarship Fund for Seniors in honor of her parents, LoAnne and Burnitt Bealle. This fund is earmarked specifically for need-based tuition assistance for students aged 60 and older.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply for an ADULT or SENIOR TUITION SCHOLARSHIP, download and print this form.
- If you are looking for tuition assistance for YOUR CHILD, download and print this form.
- Fill out all the requested information, sign, and return it along with copies of your last two paystubs to Sawtooth. You may either mail the completed forms to us at: Sawtooth School for Visual Art, 251 North Spruce Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101. Or you can fax it to 336-773-0132.
See how Sawtooth Scholarships have positively impacted these students: